UEH Sharing – Career Fair 2023: More Than 9 Billion VND Accompanying The Program Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation And 5,000 Job Opportunities To Reach Employees
12 Tháng Sáu, 2023
Towards the goal of “Action for a More Sustainable Future”, the UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023 series officially opened the program Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation 2023 of University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) and brought extremely meaningful values. It is to connect a community with a contribution of more than 9 billion VND to accompany UEH to join hands to implement the program Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation 2023 and provide more than 5,000 job opportunities at reputable enterprises for employees in Ho Chi Minh City and neighboring provinces.
On the morning of April 23, the event “UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023: For a more sustainable future” was officially held at Hall B1.302 with the participation of: Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dong Phong – Secretary of the Party Committee, Chairman of the UEH University Council; Prof. Dr. Su Dinh Thanh – President; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Phan Thi Bich Nguyet – Chairwoman of UEH Strategic and Policy Advisory Council; Dr. Bui Quang Hung – UEH Vice President; Dr. Dinh Cong Khai – Vice President; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Khac Quoc Bao – UEH Vice President; Board of Directors of UEH Member Colleges; Leaders of Schools/Institutes, Units under UEH, and with the participation of representatives of businesses, partners, associations, press agencies.
Overview of the event
Speaking at the opening of the event, Prof. Dr. Su Dinh Thanh – President of UEH – shared: “Be responsible for the sustainable development of future generations, since its establishment in 1976 until the transition to a Multidisciplinary and Sustainable University today, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City has always made a strong effort and commitment to contribute to the sustainable development of society and education. Through the Program “Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation ” with the UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR series as the beginning point, the University has become a bridge connecting the business community, partners, individuals and so on making practical contributions to educational and social activities. On behalf of the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, I would like to thank all business and partners! And hopefully, the efforts that we are creating will be increasingly replicated, bringing positive values. Together, we give and receive together, rewarding wings to the value of knowledge to reach out for a future of sustainable development of the community and society.”
Prof. Dr. Su Dinh Thanh – President of UEH – giving the opening speech
Connecting 150 businesses and organizations and contributing more than 9 billion VND to Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation
The UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023 series will be held directly at the UEH campus (279 Nguyen Tri Phuong, Ward 5, District 10, HCMC) and online on the event.ueh.edu.vn and vieclam.ueh.edu.vn platforms from April 17 to 23, 2023. With the prestige and quality that has been confirmed during the past time, this year, the program attracted the participation of nearly 150 businesses across the country, and more than 7,500 participants who are learners of all levels/modes of UEH and staff throughout HCMC and neighboring provinces.
The UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023 series attracted the participation of nearly 150 businesses across the country, with more than 7,500 attendees
“Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation” has been implemented by UEH since 2020 and has become a bridge connecting a community of businesses, individuals, organizations and so on to contribute to the sustainable development of society and education. With the positive values brought, the program will continue to be promoted by UEH in 2023, with the beginning of the UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023 series.
Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dong Phong and Prof. Dr. Su Dinh Thanh presenting flowers and medals honoring businesses and organizations that have made great contributions to UEH’s program “Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation” in 2022
Delegates performing the launching ceremony of the Program Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation in 2023
Since its inception, the program has received the attention and participation of many units and contributed more than 9 billion VND to accompany the program in 2023 through the following items:
– Connecting training with practice: Enterprises accompanying UEH University to improve training quality, bring practical values to learners (Internship program, corporate semester; Business tour; Experts’ at enterprises’ realistic sharings, skill trainings for students; jointly built and evaluation programs; Training according to business needs; knowledge sharing with businesses).
– Connecting to carry out research and projects: Jointly solving problems that concern businesses, UEH, the community and society (Enterprises participate in UEH’s research projects; UEH jointly implements projects of enterprises; Organizing seminars and workshops for the community).
– Connecting to attract human resources: Spreading the recruitment brands, meeting the needs of high-quality human resources for businesses (Communicating recruitment activities or recruitment brands to the student and alumni community of the University; Recruitment seminars of enterprises; Enterprises accompany the UEH Sharing – Career Fair series organized by UEH every year).
– Connecting ideas, start-up projects, innovation: Building a dynamic, modern working environment, inspiring creative and unique ideas to be nurtured and developed (UEH connects businesses with incubation activities, start-up ideas, innovation; makes Efforts to research, apply, develop and test innovative solutions for the economy, community and environment).
– Giving to UEH Program: Jointly giving wings to generations of knowledge to reach out for a sustainable future and a better life through the following activities:
- Incubating talents: companies accompany awarding talented scholarships for excellent students and scholarships to encourage learning for students with difficult circumstances to excel in their studies.
- Reaching international level: Enterprises accompany UEH to upgrade the team of lecturers, facilities and equipment for research and training to international standards; support to invite prestigious international experts to teach, research and share at UEH;
- Spreading knowledge: Organizations, individuals and businesses participate in the school’s activities such as: training, scientific conferences, academic research activities, student activities, etc.
- Sustainable action: Businesses participate in community-service projects, zero-waste campus, green university, etc.
UEH receiving the contribution board and awarded the Letter of Appreciation from UEH to representatives of partners, businesses, organizations and individuals committed to accompanying the program Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation in 2023 with a total companion value of over 9 billion
In particular, in order to effectively connect resources between the University and Enterprises, at the UEH Sharing – Career Fair event, the signing ceremony of cooperation agreement between UEH and Eximbank, Song Hanh Advertising Investment Joint Stock Company, Orient Commercial Joint Stock Bank (OCB), Thien Hy Long Vietnam TTTT Technology Joint Stock Company, FPT Information System Co., Ltd took place. These are the businesses openning the cooperation with UEH to implement the Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation program in 2023.
UEH and enterprises signing cooperation agreement
More than 5000 job opportunities for laborers in Ho Chi Minh City
With nearly 60 reputable enterprises directly having recruitment booths in the fields of Banking – Finance – Insurance, Securities, Accounting, Auditing, Consulting, Consumer Goods – Food, Industry Technology – E-commerce, Construction – Real Estate, Trade – Import – Export – Logistics, Manufacturing – Materials – Energy,… UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023 successfully brought more than 5000 job opportunities attractive for students and laborers in Ho Chi Minh City and neighboring provinces through direct and online recruitment activities. This is one of the efforts to promote UEH’s network of more than 500 businesses and thousands of successful alumni to help students and employees have opportunities and empower them to take the initiative to seize opportunities, have the best job positions at the most prestigious enterprises in Vietnam and in HCMC.
At the same time, the candidates attending the program also had the opportunity to exchange, interview, question and be challenged at the recruitment booth of the enterprise; to be provided with information about the job market, career trends, diverse internship opportunities, etc.
Students and employees participating in exchanges, interviews, and recruitment processes at the event
Spreading multidisciplinary knowledge for sustainable development
Along with the above values, within the framework of the UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023 series, UEH also organized many meaningful seminars for the business community and learners with the participation of many experts with the desire to spread the multidisciplinary knowledge values and research projects for sustainable development that the University has implemented in the past time. For example:
– Talkshow “Technology booming – Economic recession risks and current job opportunities” with the sharing of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Khac Quoc Bao – Vice Head of UEH; Dr. Do Thanh Van – Deputy Director of the Center for Human Resources Demand Forecasting and Labor Market Information.
– Workshop “Leadership in the Digital Age” with the sharing of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Trinh Thuy Anh – Vice Head of UEH College of Technology and Design.
– Workshop “ART in Marketing” & “The new wave-NFT Art” with the sharing of Dr. Yi Dong Su – Vice Dean of UEH School of Media Design; Ms. Sul Yoon – Director of ETNAH.
– Workshop “Holographic Art” with the sharing of Prof. Dr. Seung Hyun Lee – KwangWoon University, Seoul, Korea.
– Workshop “Media Art” with the sharing of Visual Artist Le Minh Vien, Designer Ngoc Vo, MSc. Tran Le Quynh Anh – UEH Media Designer.
– Workshop “AI in marketing & communication” with the sharing of Dr. Yi Dong Su – Vice Dean of UEH School of Media Design; Dr. Dang Tri Dung – UEH Institute of Intelligent and Interactive Technology; Pham Lan Khanh – Director of Flamingo Digital Media Company; Dang Nhu Khanh Hoang – Director of DIZIM; Truong Hoang Tho – Director of Alipo Creative.
– Workshop “AI and students – Effective application in learning and working” with the sharing of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Truong Thinh – Director of the Institute, Dr. Dang Tri Dung – Institute of Intelligent and Interactive Technology.
– Workshop “Relieve negative emotions – Gain confidence and make a difference” with the sharing of Vu Hai Truong – Vietnam Program Manager of the University of Arizona (USA).
– Workshop “Equality and diversity: When we remove the “labels” with the sharing of Ms. Thanh Vu – Talent Manager, H&M Hennes & Mauritz Vietnam Co., Ltd.
– English Workshop “Skills to write CVs and answer interview questions in English” with the sharing of Mr. Phan Huynh Tuan Anh – Vice President, HR Partner of UOB Bank.
– Workshop “Design and innovation thinking” with the sharing of MSc. Vuong Khiet – UEH Institute of Innovation.
– Workshop “Mastering skills – conquering careers at multinational corporations”
Talkshow “Technology booming – Economic recession risks and current job opportunities”
Along with that, there were the Techshows exhibition to introduce new technology products such as: Exhibition of Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation; Exhibition of the Hologram booth displaying UEH Sharing and Career Fair’s logo; Techshow demonstrating technology products, robots; Displaying products, introducing technology of Enterprises.
The exhibition introducing new technology products
The UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023 series is a great effort of UEH in connecting the community of organizations, businesses and individuals to act together for the goal of sustainable development for education and society, bringing practical values for today’s and future generations of students. The success of the series is also a proof that action for education and knowledge is beginning of a pioneering community acting for the sustainability of the upcoming eras.
More photos about the event:
The event interesting and attracting the participation of a variety of enterprises and partners
Booths of businesses participating in recruitment at UEH SHARING – CAREER FAIR 2023
Mock interview activities
Exhibition of new technologies and products
Community Connectivity Exhibition
Dr. Bui Quang Hung – Vice President of UEH – sharing projects and programs that connect the community in UEH’s innovation ecosystem in 2023
Receiving recognition boards and presenting letters of appreciation to businesses
Signing cooperation of agreements between UEH and enterprises
Ho Chi Minh City Real Estate Club awarding scholarships to ethnic minority students with difficult circumstances
Talkshow “Technology booming – Economic recession risks and current job opportunities” receiving the attention of many students and businesses with insightful sharings.
The opening ceremony of attaching business name boards accompanying UEH in the program Community Connectivity – Knowledge Spreading – Sustainable Implementation in 2023
Exchange and lucky draw activities for attendees
News, photos: UEH Department of Marketing and Communication
7 Tháng Mười Hai, 2021