Consultation meeting on Vietnam Country Climate & Development Report
4 Tháng Mười Hai, 2021
We would like to inform you about a new diagnostic report that the World Bank has recently launched, the Vietnam Country Climate and Development Report (CCDR).
The CCDR will serve as a new core country diagnostic report that will feed into the World Bank Group’s Country Partnership Framework for Vietnam which is expected to be prepared early next year. The CCDR will also help the World Bank to support the government’s effort to (i) achieve its development goals in the context of mitigating and adapting to climate change, and (ii) identify opportunities for climate actions for the next five years by the public and the private sectors. It will also actively seek to inform the NDC Implementation Support Program that is under preparation. It will be based on rigorous data, analysis, and research, and will make a strong economic case for pro-active climate action. The broad objectives are to:
- capture the interplay between Vietnam’s development goals and climate change, in the context of the Paris Agreement commitments and the World Bank Group’s own commitment to align its portfolio to the Paris Agreement objectives;
- analyze the trade-offs of how the development goals can be achieved in the context of mitigating and/or adapting to climate change to identify synergies for decoupling economic growth from emissions and destruction of natural capital;
- assess policy, institutional, and public and private financing gaps to simultaneously meet climate and development objectives; and
- identify transformational climate action and financing opportunities through policy changes and investments to drive low-carbon and climate-resilient development in the short and medium term.
In this context we would like to invite you to a consultation on this new core diagnostic report at 14:00 December 6, 2021 via zoom meeting. The consultation will be held jointly by the Economy and Environment Partnership for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA) at UEH University and the World Bank.
The workshop agenda is below: December 06, 2021
- 14:00 – 14:05: Introduction and opening remarks by EEPSEA
- 14:05 – 14:10: Opening remarks by WB
- 14:10 – 14:55: Presentation of the CCDR
- 14:55 – 15:30: Discussion by all participants
4 Tháng Mười Hai, 2021
7 Tháng Sáu, 2021